FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR (PRESS & PR)
FG CONSTITUTES AUDIT PANEL ON UTILIZATION OF TAKE-OFF GRANTS TO 12 NEW FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES
The Honourable Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu has constituted a seven-man high-powered Committee to Audit the Utilisation of Grants for the take-off projects in the 12 new Federal Universities established between 2011 –2013. The former Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ibadan, Professor Olufemi Bamiro will serve as Chairman with Barr. Kefas M. Magaji as Secretary.
Other members of the Committee include Mr. S. L Abubakar, Engr. Mansur Ahmed, Arc. Umar Aliyu, Mr. Freddy Esenwa and Prof. Patrick Ehi Oshio.
The 12 New Universities are Federal University Lokoja, Federal University Oye-Ekiti, Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Federal University Dutse, Federal University Dutsin-Ma, and Federal University Gusau. Others are Federal University Kashere, Federal University Gashua, Federal University Birnin-Kebbi, Federal University Lafia, Federal University Otuoke, and Federal University Wukari.
The Terms of Reference for the Committee’s assignment are:
1. To determine the actual amount released to the NUC by TETFund as take-off grant for projects for the twelve universities;
2. To identify and confirm the number contracts awarded, including contract sums under the take-off grants;
3. To ascertain that due process was followed in the award of the contracts for the take-off projects;
4. To determine the amount paid on each project, including outstanding claims if any, to date;
5. To assess the status of the various projects implemented using the take-off grants;
6. To make recommendations for any other issues relating to projects implementation in the 12 Universities.
The Committee will be inaugurated by the Honourable Minister as follows:
Date: Tuesday, 2 May 2017
Venue: Minister’s Conference Room, Federal Ministry of Education Complex
The Vice-Chancellors of Twelve (12) universities are to attend the inauguration while the Executive Secretaries of the National Universities Commission and Tertiary Education Trust Fund are expected to attend.
The Committee is to complete their assignment in (12) weeks.
Dr. Hussaini Adamu
For: Permanent Secretary
Federal Ministry of Education